Careers at Search Mojo
To apply for any of the following positions, please fill out the form below. Note that resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.
Public Relations & Social Media Manager
Search Mojo has an immediate opening for a Public Relations & Social Media Manager in our Charlottesville, VA headquarters. The Public Relations & Social Media Manager will be responsible for all PR and social media efforts as they relate to search engine optimization, for both Search Mojo and our clients. Responsibilities include:
- Creating and submitting press releases on behalf of Search Mojo, as well as our clients (as required).
- Coordinating blogger and reporter outreach efforts as needed to support SEO for Search Mojo and our clients.
- Continually monitoring for and pursuing PR opportunities for both Search Mojo and our clients.
- Working with clients’ existing PR teams to determine best approaches to building links through PR.
- Working with account teams to advise clients on their use of social media for SEO.
- Assisting with the creation of content pieces for Search Mojo (such as infographics and guides), as well as for clients (as required).
- Managing the social media presence for Search Mojo - creating a calendar, writing posts, and publishing updates.
To be considered for this position, candidates should have/be:
- A strong background or degree in communications, public relations or journalism.
- 2-3+ years of experience in a PR/communications, journalism and/or social media position. Agency experience is not necessary, but is a big plus.
- Excellent writing skills are a must, including the ability to write press releases (with knowledge of AP Style), blog posts and articles, and marketing copy.
- Strong research skills to locate bloggers, reporters and contact information (solid Google-Fu skills are a definite plus).
- A highly motivated, self-starter who can understand the requirements of a project/campaign and execute with minimal supervision.
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment in a constantly changing industry and with a broad mix of clients.
To apply for this position, submit a resume and cover letter via the form below. If we contact you for further consideration, you will also be required to submit writing samples (such as press releases, blogs, or other content pieces you’ve written).
**Please note that this is NOT a telecommuting position.**
Search Mojo has an immediate opening for an administrative assistant (AA) for the President/CEO in our Charlottesville, VA Headquarters. The AA will assist with screening calls and making appointments for the company president as well as overall calendar, meeting and travel management. The AA will also assist on special projects, company events and human resource projects. Qualified applicants should be well organized and professional. Candidates must have experience with Microsoft Outlook, Office and QuickBooks. 3-5 years of previous administrative experience preferred. To apply, send a cover letter and resume via the form below.
Jr. Account Manager, Charlottesville Office
Search Mojo is accepting applications for a junior account manager in our Charlottesville, VA office. The junior account manager will train with an account manager directly and will assist in handling all daily tasks for client search engine optimization (SEO) and pay-per-click advertising (PPC) accounts. Daily client tasks include managing Google AdWords accounts (such as creating/testing ad copy, developing keywords, and setting bids), managing SEO tasks (such as developing SEO keyword lists and editing website copy), and compiling monthly reports for clients. The Jr. Account Manager will also be responsible for regularly blogging about search marketing on our blog, Search Marketing Sage.
To be considered for this position, candidates should have a background or degree in marketing or communications. Experience with Google AdWords or Google AdWords certification a plus. This is an entry-level position.
** Please note that while we are accepting applications for Jr. Account Managers on an ongoing basis, we do not have an immediate opening for this position at this time.
Inside Sales Representative, Charlottesville, VA
Search Mojo is hiring for inside sales representatives in the Charlottesville, Virginia headquarters. Inside sales reps will qualify leads, set appointments and generate proposals for prospects.
To be considered for this position, qualified candidates will possess:
- Experience with Microsoft Word
- Excellent telephone communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Understanding of the marketing space and digital marketing tactics
** Please note that while we are accepting applications for Inside Sales Representatives on an ongoing basis, we do not have an immediate opening for this position at this time.
To apply, provide your cover letter and resume below.